Re: Postgresql.conf - What is the default value for log_min_message?

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Postgresql.conf - What is the default value for log_min_message?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Wang, Mary Y wrote:
> (1) I updated logging_collector = true in postgresql.conf because I want to rotate the logs.  I'd also like to set
thelog_min_message to 'debug5' so that I can better debug the code for now and will change it back to a lower level
whenit's in production.  I'm looking at the postgresql.conf file and the log_min_message is commented out.  So what is
thedefault?

I'll answer that in a more general way so you can figure this out
yourself the next time:  you can find out what the current value of a
setting is by either doing:

show log_min_messages;

Or:

select name,setting,boot_val from pg_settings where name='log_min_messages';

If you're not using 8.4 or later you'll have to leave boot_val (which is
the server default when it starts) out of that query.

By the way:  'debug2' is normally plenty of debugging information.  The
lower levels start debugging the server internals, rather than anything
you're likely to be worried about.

> (2) At PgEast2010, I heard someone mentioned about putting the log file to another server?  Is that true?  If so,
why? I might have heard it wrong.

If you use syslog logging, you can use the OS to forward the logs to
another system.  You might also use a remote filesystem mounting
approach and write the log files to there.  Those are the two main
options for putting the log files somewhere else, both of which have
their own problems.  syslog loses messages sometimes, and remote access
puts you in a position where a network outage can impact the local
server which is never a good place to be.

От: Craig Ringer
Сообщение: Re: Multicolumn primary key with null value
От: Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Сообщение: Re: I/O error during autovacuum