Re: [www] download page is outdated

От Chander Ganesan
Тема Re: [www] download page is outdated
Дата
Re: [www] download page is outdated  (Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org>)
Список pgsql-www
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 08:40, Jaime Casanova
> <jcasanov@systemguards.com.ec> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The download page for linux binaries
>> http://www.postgresql.org/download/linux should be pointing here
>> http://yum.pgrpms.org/ for rpms per:
>> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-announce/2010-03/msg00012.php
>>

> See also http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-announce/2010-03/msg00018.php
>
> There are basically two different yum repositories at this point.
>
> We are not going to be changing the main download links until it's
> perfectly clearly that they should be - which it definitely isn't at
> this point.

Understood, but the linux RPM download link here:

http://www.postgresql.org/download/linux

Points to here:

https://projects.commandprompt.com/public/pgcore

Which has a "location moved" (as opposed to a permanent redirect) link
to here:

https://public.commandprompt.com/projects/pgcore/wiki

Seems like we could at least get rid of the redirection parts.

Also, perhaps I'm being obtuse here, but I can not find a link to the
actual RPM packages anymore.  It seems that the only thing I can locate
is the RPM to install the PGDG's YUM configuration, which would then
require me to use yum for package management.  There should, IMHO, be a
link *somewhere* that allows one to download the postgreSQL RPM's
directly, without being forced to use Yum.  The organization I'm working
with now doesn't have access to yum at all, so they need to download and
install the RPMs directly...

Additionally, the page at http://yum.pgrpms.org/ has no links to any any
download locations..

Thanks

--
Chander Ganesan
Open Technology Group, Inc.

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Robert Treat
Сообщение: Re: planet "top posters" section
От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: [www] download page is outdated