Re: Very high effective_cache_size == worse performance?

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Very high effective_cache_size == worse performance?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
David Kerr wrote:
> I don't think it's anything in the Db that's causing it. ( drop and re-create
> the db between tests) I actually suspect a hardware issue somewhere.

You might find my "Database Hardware Benchmarking" talk, available at
http://projects.2ndquadrant.com/talks , useful to help sort out what's
good and bad on each server, and correspondingly what'd different
between the two.  Many of the ideas there came from fighting with SAN
hardware that didn't do what I expected.