Re: pl/java status

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: pl/java status
Дата
Re: pl/java status
Список pgsql-general
John R Pierce wrote:
> is pl/java kind of dead?   I don't see much activity since years ago.

I've been a bit worried about that myself. With OpenJDK and a GPL java,
it makes a lot of sense to make Java a first-class PL in PostgreSQL.
There's a fair bit of activity from Java-using users, and there's not
really much reason Java should be restricted to the client side when the
same language can work well server-side too.

Not to mention all those Oracle users out there who're hooked on the stuff.

Of course, Java is extremely thread-happy and PostgreSQL is extremely
*not*, so perhaps there are reasons it doesn't seem to see much work. If
it's anything like working on an embedded Python interpreter...

--
Craig Ringer