Re: Dynamic Catalog Views

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Dynamic Catalog Views
Дата
Список pgsql-general
raghavendra t wrote:

> Can we get the dynamic information like in oracle(v$) views. Same as
> in postgresql buffers(shared,temp,wal) & cache(maintainence_work_me,
> effective_mem).

The information available in this area includes:

1) Look at buffer cache hit rates using pg_stat_user_tables,
pg_statio_user_tables, pg_stat_user_indexes, and pg_statio_user_indexes
2) Dig into pg_buffercache to find out what's sitting in RAM and how
well the usage count implementation is working for you
3) Monitor pg_stat_bgwriter to find out what checkpoints are doing
4) Turn on log_temp_files (8.3 or later) to log when work_mem is being
exceeded and sorts are going to disk.

That's really it; the rest of the sort of data that's available in the
v$ views isn't exposed in nearly as much detail in PostgreSQL yet.