Re: prevent connection using pgpass.conf

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: prevent connection using pgpass.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Alban Hertroys wrote:
> I have to say I was a bit surprised to find that .pgpass files store those passwords as plain text though. Some
methodlike ssh uses with public and private keys would be an improvement IMO. Especially since we can choose to use
passwordencryption over the wire.

> Storing those passwords encrypted on the client side seems the proper way to deal with this issue. IMHO, time working
onthat is better spent than time trying to prevent .pgpass files from working.

afaik, the .pgpass file is something the user creates with his text
editor.    if it was encrypted or hashed, there would need to be a
client side utility to create it.

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: prevent connection using pgpass.conf
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Wikipedia entry - AmigaOS port - error?