Re: 3ware vs. MegaRAID

От Jesper Krogh
Тема Re: 3ware vs. MegaRAID
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 2010-04-08 05:44, Dave Crooke wrote:
> For a card level RAID controller, I am a big fan of the LSI 8888, which is
> available in a PCIe riser form factor for blade / 1U servers, and comes with
> 0.5GB of battery backed cache. Full Linux support including mainline kernel
> drivers and command line config tools. Was using these with SAS expanders
> and 48x 1TB SATA-300 spindles per card, and it was pretty (adjective) quick
> for a card-based system ... comparable with a small FC-AL EMC Clariion CX3
> series in fact, just without the redundancy.

Can someone shed "simple" light on an extremely simple question.
How do you physicallly get 48 drives attached to an LSI that claims to
only have 2 internal and 2 external ports?
(the controller claims to support up to 240 drives).

I'm currently looking at getting a server with space for 8 x 512GB SSDs
running raid5 (or 6) and are looking for an well performing controller
with BBWC for the setup. So I was looking for something like the LSI888ELP.

--
Jesper