Re: when i logged in mydb,any sql command used to list all the tables in this mydb?

От Kenichiro Tanaka
Тема Re: when i logged in mydb,any sql command used to list all the tables in this mydb?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi peng

 >  According to 8.4 document 44.1(Most system catalogs are
 >  copied from the template database during database creation and are
thereafter database
 >  -specific.),we know  that each created database has their own pg_...
tables
I believe it is right.

 >  and thus if  a superuser administrator wants to list all the tables
in all the
 >  databases,how do the postgresql interval implement it? will the
postgresql
 >  interval load all the pg_....  tables  in all the databases to get
the final answer?

I think postgresql never  interval load all the pg_.... tables in all
the databases.
If administrator want to list all the tables,we heve to create application.

ex.
oid2name -q | awk '{print$2}'|grep -v template0 |xargs -l1 oid2name -d

* oid2name is contrib module.

Thank you