Re: "1-Click" installer problems

От Nikhil G. Daddikar
Тема Re: "1-Click" installer problems
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Craig,

I have a call with EDB folks in an hour. I will post when I have something concrete. Meanwhile, if you need anything specific about the system, please let me know.

I have Vista Business x64 with Microsoft Security Essentials and UAC turned ON. I have tried (at least) the following:
  1. Default install of PG 8.4
  2. Install of PG 8.4 in C:\Postgresql
  3. Disable MS Security Essentials for C:\Postgresql and reinstall
  4. Create a regular (non-admin) posgres user before installation
  5. Delete that user and redo installation
  6. Disable UAC and install in C:\Postgresql as well as in the default directory
  7. Enabled the "Administrator" user in Vista, logged in as that user and installed
If you want me to try anything else, I can do that too.

Thanks,
Nikhil