Re: windows 7 compatiblity?

От Garry Saddington
Тема Re: windows 7 compatiblity?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Frank Heikens wrote:

>> Hi
>>
>> I recently bought Windows 7 32 bit professional.
>> Unfortunately Postgresql 8.4.3 did not install or work.
>
> Tell us about your problems, error messages and logs, then we can help
> you to get it working.
>
>> I started searching Google and found that a lot of other people have
>> the same problem.
>
> Many others have it working, but that's normal and that's why they
> didn't post any message on a forum.
>
>> Will there be a minor release to fix the problem?
>
> What problem? Tell us about it!
>
>> Will it be fixed in the upcoming version 9.0?

I had a problem installing my software (which includes Postgresql) on a
Windows 7 demo laptop last week. It turned out that accounts that are
designated as administrator do not have enough privileges to install as
a service. Without wishing to go delving into the config tools and
wasting any more time I logged out and then back in using the
Administrator account that came with W7 (no password - security, what
security?), ran the setup again and everything worked fine. The services
were then available to all other accounts.
HTH, just my experience.
Garry

Сообщение: Re: Fuzzy string matching of product names
Сообщение: Re: Fuzzy string matching of product names