Re: Using high speed swap to improve performance?

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Using high speed swap to improve performance?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Christiaan Willemsen wrote:

> So I was thinking: Why not make a big fat array using 14 disks (raid
> 1, 10 or 5), and make this a big and fast swap disk. Latency will be
> lower than the SAN can provide, and throughput will also be better,
> and it will relief the SAN from a lot of read iops.

Presuming that swap will give predictable performance as things go into
and out of there doesn't sound like a great idea to me.  Have you
considered adding that space as a tablespace and setting
temp_tablespaces to point to it?  That's the best thing I can think of
to use a faster local disk with lower integrity guarantees for.

Сообщение: Re: Huge table searching optimization
Сообщение: Re: Huge table searching optimization