Re: How much memory is PostgreSQL using

От: Guillaume Lelarge
Тема: Re: How much memory is PostgreSQL using
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

How much memory is PostgreSQL using  ("Campbell, Lance", )
 Re: How much memory is PostgreSQL using  (Greg Smith, )
  Re: How much memory is PostgreSQL using  ("Campbell, Lance", )
   Re: How much memory is PostgreSQL using  (Guillaume Lelarge, )

Le 02/04/2010 22:10, Campbell, Lance a écrit :
> Greg,
> Thanks for your help.
>
> 1) How does the number of buffers provided by pg_buffercache compare to
> memory (buffers * X = Y meg)?

1 buffer is 8 KB.

> 2) Is there a way to tell how many total buffers I have available/max?

With pg_buffercache, yes.

SELECT count(*)
FROM pg_buffercache
WHERE relfilenode IS NOT NULL;

should give you the number of non-empty buffers.

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] ERROR: cache lookup failed for relation X
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] ERROR: cache lookup failed for relation X