Re: Problems with variable cursorname in ecpg

От Boszormenyi Zoltan
Тема Re: Problems with variable cursorname in ecpg
Дата
Re: Problems with variable cursorname in ecpg  (Michael Meskes <meskes@postgresql.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Boszormenyi Zoltan írta:
> I think you forget that in this case, only global variables are
> usable in the DECLARE in this case, no local variables in
> functions preceding the DECLARE are visible to it.
>
> What we need here is an extra check in ECPGdump_a_type().
> We need to raise an error if
>      ECPGdump_a_type(name, type, ...)
> and
>     var = with find_variable(name);
> on the passed name disagrees in the variable type and maybe
> a warning if they disagree in the brace_level. The same applies
> to the indicator variable. For that, we need to pass the brace_level
> to ECPGdump_a_type() for both the variable and the indicator.

I was thinking about something like the attached patch.
It passes all the regression tests.

Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi

--
Bible has answers for everything. Proof:
"But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more

Zoltán Böszörményi
Cybertec Schönig & Schönig GmbH
http://www.postgresql.at/

Вложения