Re: Alpha release this week?

От Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Тема Re: Alpha release this week?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus wrote:
> On 3/29/10 5:04 PM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> Last i heard from Dave on that topic is that there's no chance of that
>> happening that quickly. He's on a plane now but I'm sure he'll confirm
>> that when he lands.
>
> That means that we'll be doing the test-fest using Alpha4, materially.
> Which is annoying because it means we'll be catching a lot of bugs which
> are already fixed.  However, it's pretty much impossible for me to
> coordinate 25 volunteers getting the *same* daily snapshot.  And we need
> to test on Windows, since it has all kinds of special issues.

well this is  actually the first release cycle where we even HAD alpha
releases - as for the snapsho thing I cannot see why you could not
download a snpashot on your own, put it somewhere (like a wiki page) and
send out an email to all the volunteers and ask them to use at least
that one if building from source...

Stefan