Re: Why is this system swapping?

От Anjan Dave
Тема Re: Why is this system swapping?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Using Resin's connection pooling. We are looking into pgpool alongside
slony to separate some reporting functionality.

-anjan

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff [mailto:threshar@torgo.978.org]
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 3:29 PM
To: Greg Stark
Cc: Anjan Dave; pgsql-performance@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [PERFORM] Why is this system swapping?

On Apr 27, 2005, at 2:29 PM, Greg Stark wrote:

> "AI would seriously look at tuning those connection pools down. A lot.

> If your
> server processes are sitting idle over half the time I would at least
> cut it
> by a factor of 2.

Are you (Anjan) using real or fake connection pooling - ie pgpool
versus php's persistent connections ?  I'd strongly recommend looking
at pgpool. it does connection pooling correctly (A set of X connections
shared among the entire box rather than 1 per web server)

--

Jeff Trout <jeff@jefftrout.com>
http://www.jefftrout.com/