Re: Getting started

От Mladen Gogala
Тема Re: Getting started
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Tom, speaking of the init scripts, I really like Ubuntu variety which
also includes the version. I am scratching my head what to do with a Red
Hat 8.3.8 version and how to migrate it to 8.4, because setting up 2
homes and using a migrator is a pain. I would recommend  emulating
Ubuntu structure from the scratch on Red Hat and split everything into
/var/lib/postgres/8.x  and /etc/postgres/8.x, with the init scripts
reflecting that.

--

Mladen Gogala
Sr. Oracle DBA