Re: Table inheritance

От Mladen Gogala
Тема Re: Table inheritance
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Inheritance is not the replacement for foreign keys. Inheritance
mechanism is a sort of "create like" thing. Created table inherits
column names and types. Indexes and constraints are not inherited.
Foreign keys still have to be used to guarantee the logical consistency.

--

Mladen Gogala
Sr. Oracle DBA