Re: xmlconcat (was 9.0 release notes done)

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: xmlconcat (was 9.0 release notes done)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

>> Hmm. OK. Well here is a patch that tries to fix the xmlconcat error,
>> anyway. It seems to work, but maybe could stand a little tightening.
>>

> I liked your previous idea (rethink the whole mess in 9.1) better.
>
> As far as the patch itself is concerned, the complete lack of error
> checks seems scary,

Yes, this wasn't intended as the final patch. If it's not wanted right
now, that's fine too. I just wanted to get it on the record as possibly
something useful when we do come to reconsider the whole mess. Getting
to grips with the libxml2 API is no fun, and it's better not to have to
repeat it if possible ;-)

> and I wonder whether the case sensitivity and
> lack of whitespace tolerance in the string comparisons is OK.

The tokens were chosen with some care to be such that no whitespace
tolerance would be needed (or correct). XML is case sensitive, so that's
not an issue either.

cheers

andrew