Re: 9.0 release notes done

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: 9.0 release notes done
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> In hindsight I could have loaded the ASCII release notes into a wiki and
>> people could have modified, them, and later I could have converted them
>> to SGML,

That was, in fact, *exactly* what you said you'd do 3 months ago when we
discussed this.

> Yeah, I don't think that would have been better.

Thing is, doing things like rearranging items for clarity is
prohibitively painful in SGML.  And while I know a professional
copy-editor who would be willing to fix grammar, etc, she's not going
anywhere near SGML.

I think we're back at having two sets of feature information: one for
the general public, one for the technically inclined.

Or, to put it another way: I do the feature list for the general public.I'm not doing it in SGML.  It's too freaking
hardto edit.  If someone

else wants to take up doing that work, they can do it in any format they
want.

--                                  -- Josh Berkus                                    PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
                        http://www.pgexperts.com