Re: Ragged latency log data in multi-threaded pgbench

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Ragged latency log data in multi-threaded pgbench
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 3/15/10 8:41 AM, Greg Smith wrote:
> Just noticed a problem popping up sometimes with the new multi-threaded
> pgbench.  This is on a Linux RPM build (the alpha4 set) compiled with
> '--disable-thread-safety'.  Still trying to nail down whether that's a
> requirement for this problem to appear or not.  I did most of my review
> of this feature with it turned on, and haven't been seeing this problem
> on other systems that are thread safe.  Not sure yet if that's cause and
> effect or coincidence yet.

For my part, telling people that multi-thread pgbench doesn't work
correctly on systems which are not thread-safe seems perfectly OK.

--                                  -- Josh Berkus                                    PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
                        http://www.pgexperts.com