Re: buildfarm logging versus embedded nulls

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: buildfarm logging versus embedded nulls
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Robert Creager wrote:
> On Mar 11, 2010, at 6:00 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>

>> Tom Lane wrote:
>>
>>> I was looking at this recent nonrepeatable buildfarm failure:
>>> http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=polecat&dt=2010-03-11%2021:45:10
>>> which has several instances of the known "pgstat wait timeout" problem
>>> during the parallel regression tests.
>>>

> You've got me trained well now.  I'm now looking at my build machine failures.  Wasn't sure what to do about that
one,since no relevant files changed.

> Is there any value in setting "keep_error_builds => 0,"?  I know Andrew was able to get the complete log file.

You normally want this as 0, to avoid eating up disk space. You
certainly don't want it non-zero for long unless you have many Gb to spare.

I doubt keeping this particular build would have helped much. The build
was probably fine, the bug is apparently triggered by some hard to
repeat timing condition, from what I gather from Tom's analysis.

And from now on we will not have logs truncated by the presence of nul
bytes.

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: buildfarm logging versus embedded nulls
Сообщение: Re: buildfarm logging versus embedded nulls