Re: invalid UTF-8 via pl/perl

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: invalid UTF-8 via pl/perl
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Hannu Krosing wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-03-08 at 21:52 -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>
>> Tom Lane wrote:

>>> SPI has every right to assume that data it's given is already in the
>>> database encoding.
>>>

>> Yeah, looks like we missed a few spots. I have added three more checks
>> that I think plug the remaining holes in plperl.
>>
>> Hannu, please test again against CVS HEAD.
>>

> Seems to work now
>
> Do you plan to back-port this ?

I wasn't going to. The previous fixes weren't backpatched either, and in
general when we have plugged encoding holes the changes have not been
backpatched, on the grounds that it would be a behaviour change, e.g.
when we tightened things a lot for 8.3.

I think there an outstanding TODO to plug the other PLs, however. It's a
pity it has to be done over and over for each PL. Maybe we need some new
versions of some of the SPI calls that would do the checking so it could
be centralized.

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: buildfarm logging versus embedded nulls
Сообщение: Re: buildfarm logging versus embedded nulls