Re: Windows binary downloads/www.enterprisedb.com off the net

От Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Тема Re: Windows binary downloads/www.enterprisedb.com off the net
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:

>>> I can now access the Postgres binary downloads and enterprisedb.com, so
>>> at least from here, it is working.  I believe it has not propogated to
>>> all other places.
>> afaiks it is still dead(as in no delegation to
>> ns1.contegix.com/ns2.contegix.com - maybe it works for you because your
>> resolver has it still cached?
>
> No, it was dead for me at the time I got your email.  FYI, I am not
> using Comcast's DNS servers but rather my own DNS server.  I see Comcast
> does sometimes have the updated DNS, and sometimes not, so it must be
> propagating within their DNS farm:
>
>     dig @ns.snj.comcastcommercial.net. enterprisedb.com

well it is still dead as far as I can see because there is no delegation
to in the root tld servers - try using "dig +trace" to make it chase the
delegation down from the root servers and see if that works for you.
Not sure why it works with your local resolver but I guess the reason
for the comcast thingy is that some of their boxes still have the
records cached from before the event...

Stefan