Re: SQL compatibility reminder: MySQL vs PostgreSQL

От Mark Kirkwood
Тема Re: SQL compatibility reminder: MySQL vs PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
François Pérou wrote:

> I will continue using PostgreSQL and MySQL user base will continue to
> grow and one day it will be 1 PostgreSQL user for 1.000 MySQL users.
>
> This is life. People have a deep psychological addiction to their
> believes and ideas. IMHO, PostgreSQL has to be more flexible (in
> psychological terms) to understand MySQL user needs and answer them,
> just to give them a choice to migrate to PostgreSQL.
>
> All your discussions are about technical things and you think I make fun
> of Drupal developers. I only tried to point out psychological believes,
> which we have to understand to answer their needs and grow PostgreSQL
> user base.

I think the Drupal developers are addressing the main thrust of your
concerns - one of the gentlemen I work with here at Catalyst (Josh
Waihi) has spent considerable time working on Postgresql issues for
Drupal 7. Last time I checked, Drupal 7 + Postgresql passes most of the
regression tests.

Maybe you could consider helping out making Drupal 7 + Postgresql pass
the remaining ones?

regards

Mark

От: François Pérou
Сообщение: Re: SQL compatibility reminder: MySQL vs PostgreSQL
От: Dimitri Fontaine
Сообщение: Re: Using GIN/Gist to search the "union" of two indexes?