Re: SQL compatibility reminder: MySQL vs PostgreSQL

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: SQL compatibility reminder: MySQL vs PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
All,

Given that Francois seems to return to this list every 3 months with the
exact same set of requests, I think we need to make a habit of ignoring
him the way we used to ignore Al Dev (although I'll comment that Al Dev
was *much* more entertaining).

Several members of our community are working with Drupal project leaders
to help them make Drupal more database-independant, and version 7 is
making great strides in this direction.  If there's an next step, it's
*our* community providing a test instance of PostgreSQL which Drupal
developers can test their modules against, and a pgsql-drupal list or
similar for them to work out the problems quickly and easily.

Neither of the Drupal project leaders I've talked with wanted PostgreSQL
to support more whacky MySQL syntax.  Francois is out on his own here.

And, Francois, it's not our goal to beat MySQL. Nobody can be a better
MySQL than MySQL, ever.

Our goal is to make the best possible SQL-Relational database.

--Josh Berkus