Re: Safe security

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Safe security
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-03-03 at 11:33 -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>

>> Well, we could put in similar weasel words I guess. But after all,
>> Safe's very purpose is to provide a restricted execution environment, no?
>>

> We already do, in our license.

True. I think the weasel formula I prefer here is a bit different. It
might be reasonable to say something along the lines of:
   To the extent it is prevented by the Perl Safe module, there is no   way provided to access internals of the
databaseserver process or   to gain OS-level access with the permissions of the server process,   as a C function can
do.

cheers

andrew