Re: caracara failing to bind to localhost?

От Christopher Browne
Тема Re: caracara failing to bind to localhost?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dickson S. Guedes wrote:
> 2010/2/27 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
>
>> Buildfarm member caracara has been failing the last few days because of
>> this:
>>
>> LOG:  could not bind socket for statistics collector: Cannot assign requested address
>> LOG:  disabling statistics collector for lack of working socket
>>
>> That code hasn't changed recently, AFAIK, so I'm thinking something's
>> broken in the machine's environment.  Any ideas?
>>

> Firewall or that ipv6's issues when ::1 for localhost is enabled in
> /etc/hosts or that cases when there is an ipv4 address and an ipv6
> alias in the same eth0? Was the tcpip_socket variable changed on
> caracara's host?
>
> []s
> Dickson S. Guedes
> mail/xmpp: guedes@guedesoft.net - skype: guediz
> http://guedesoft.net - http://www.postgresql.org.br

I had dropped an interface on my laptop...

"ifup lo" brought back the local loopback, thereby restoring 127.0.0.1,
so everything should work now.  I hope...  :-).

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Re: Hot Standby query cancellation and Streaming Replication integration
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Re: Hot Standby query cancellation and Streaming Replication integration