Re: Linux start script updates

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Linux start script updates
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> On tor, 2009-08-20 at 10:31 -0500, Kevin Grittner wrote:
>> (2)  It doesn't exit with zero for a missing executable unless
>> the request is "stop".  It uses 5, which means "program is not
>> installed".
>
> Using 5 is correct, but special-casing "stop" is kind of useless.
> Every other init script I have ever seen that attempts to handle
> this, doesn't bother.
I can't see a clear case either way.  I know I *have* seen scripts
which took the trouble to special-case it, but I just poked around
and found that it seems much less common than unconditionally using
"exit 5".  Does anyone know of an environment where it matters?
-Kevin

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Re: pgsql: add EPERM to the list of return codes to expect from opening
От: Greg Stark
Сообщение: Re: Re: pgsql: add EPERM to the list of return codes to expect from opening