Re: Complex SELECT Statement help needed

От Raymond O'Donnell
Тема Re: Complex SELECT Statement help needed
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 22/02/2010 18:14, flashbangpop wrote:

> I'm new to postgres and am trying to display rows in a table that are have a
> value between 2 fields.
>
> The rows I want to display should be selected by the grademin or grademax
> fields. I'd like to display the rows in sections that are labeled Grades
> 3-5, 6-8, and 9-12.
>
> The problem that I am having is I can't figure out how to write a statement
> that will check both fields. And, especially when I have values in the like
> this:
>
> grademin 4 grademax 12 that I want to show up in all levels
> grademin 5 grademax 12 ""
> grademin 6 grademax 9 in 6-9 and 9-12
>
> Below is what I have so far, but it falls flat on it's face when trying to
> display rows that don't fall between the specific range.
>
> How can I check grademin and max in the same statement?

Are grademin and grademax two separate columns in the table? If so,
simply imcude as many conditions as you need:

  select ....
  where grademin ...
  and grademax ....
  and ....

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie

Сообщение: Re: Sorting performance vs. MySQL
Сообщение: Re: Sorting performance vs. MySQL