Re: Procedures

От Raymond O'Donnell
Тема Re: Procedures
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 20/02/2010 13:08, Nilesh Govindarajan wrote:
> On 02/20/2010 02:32 PM, John R Pierce wrote:
>> Nilesh Govindarajan wrote:
>>> How do I create a procedure using plpgsql cursors to print the output
>>> of the query in the cursor (using for loop) ?
>>>
>>> In all docs I found, it seems to be a must to return data to the call
>>> which is not what I want.
>>>

>> what is it going to print it on? the postgres server processes have no
>> console or stdout device.
>
> Okay, so how do I print it to stdout ?

Well, it still has to get back to the client from the server - hence you
need to return the data.... stout here will be stdout of the server, not
the client.

Maybe if you say more clearly what it is you *do* want, rather than what
you don't, people may be able to help you. :-)

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie