Re: about effective_cache_size

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: about effective_cache_size
Дата
Список pgsql-general
AI Rumman wrote:
> * What is the difference between shared_buffers and effective_cache_size?
This whole topic is covered at
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Tuning_Your_PostgreSQL_Server and the
additional references that document leads to.

> * If I set effective cache size 1GB for db1 and 500 MB for db2, then
> what will happen to the system memory usage?

Nothing; effective_cache_size doesn't impact system memory usage
directly.  And I don't think you can set effective_cache_size
differently for each database anyway.