Garbage character inserted at the beginning of every SQL file on OSX

От Josh Berkus
Тема Garbage character inserted at the beginning of every SQL file on OSX
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
All,

Version: 1.10.1
Platform: OSX 10.5
Installed From: .dmg
Severity: Major
Reproduceable: Always
Every time I create a new SQL file using the SQL editor in pgAdmin, it
inserts a non-ASCII garbage character at the very beginning of the file.This then prevents the file from running, say
throughpsql.

Sometimes it also inserts the character when I edit an existing file,
but not always.  I haven't discerned a pattern here.

The character cannot be viewed in emacs, but can be deleted.  This issue
is completely prohibitive of using the SQL editor in any kind of shared
system.

--Josh Berkus