Re: pg_hba.conf - Allow All Connections Over TCP/IP Networks

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: pg_hba.conf - Allow All Connections Over TCP/IP Networks
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Wang, Mary Y wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to allow all connections over TCP/IP networks.  So could I just add the following line to the pg_hba.conf in
the$PGDATA directory?
> "host   all     *       trust"
>
> The database server is located inside a firewall.

    host all all 0.0.0.0/0 trust

or

    host all all 192.168.0.0/24 trust

(or whatever your subnet is in CIDR style network/size notation)

of course, you also need

    listen_address = '*'

in your postgresql.conf so the server is listening on all network interfaces

Personally, I still prefer to use md5 rather than trust and use password
authentication for LAN connections.