Re: Memory Usage and OpenBSD

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Memory Usage and OpenBSD
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jeff Ross wrote:
> Hopefully if I can get it to run well under pgbench the same setup
> will work well with drupal.  The site I was worried about when I went
> to this bigger server has started a little slower than originally
> projected so the old server is handling the load.

The standard TPC-B-like test pgbench runs is not even remotely like what
Drupal will do on your server.  It's almost a write-only test--the few
things that are read in are also being written.

I'd suggest you explore pgbench using the "-S" flag (or what
pgbench-tools calls select.sql) to generate select-only loads at various
sizes and client counts to get an idea what your server is going to do
on loads more like a web application.