Re: moving pg_xlog -- yeah, it's worth it!

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: moving pg_xlog -- yeah, it's worth it!
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
"Kevin Grittner" <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> wrote:
> Jesper Krogh <jesper@krogh.cc> wrote:
>
>> Sorry if it is obvious.. but what filesystem/OS are you using and
>> do you have BBU-writeback on the main data catalog also?

> File system is xfs noatime,nobarrier for all data; OS is on ext3.
> I *think* the pg_xlog mirrored pair is hanging off the same
> BBU-writeback controller as the big RAID, but I'd have to track
> down the hardware tech to confirm

Another example of why I shouldn't trust my memory.  Per the
hardware tech:

OS:      /dev/sda   is RAID1  -  2  x  2.5" 15k SAS disk
pg_xlog: /dev/sdb   is RAID1  -  2  x  2.5" 15k SAS disk

These reside on a ServeRAID-MR10k controller with 256MB BB cache.

data:    /dev/sdc   is RAID5  -  30 x 3.5" 15k SAS disk

These reside on the DS3200 disk subsystem with 512MB BB cache per
controller and redundant drive loops.

At least I had the file systems and options right.  ;-)

-Kevin