Re: Memory Usage and OpenBSD

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Memory Usage and OpenBSD
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jeff Ross wrote:
> pgbench is run with this:
> pgbench -h varley.openvistas.net -U _postgresql -t 20000 -c $SCALE pgbench
> with scale starting at 10 and then incrementing by 10.  I call it
> three times for each scale.  I've turned on logging to 'all' to try
> and help figure out where the system panics, so that may lower the TPS
> somewhat but I have not been very favorably impressed with the speed
> of these U320 15K disks in RAID10 yet.

"-c" sets the number of clients active at once.  pgbench has a database
scale option when you're initializing, "-s", that sets how many records
are in the tables, and therefore how large the database is.  If you
don't set the scale to a larger number, so that "-c" > "-s", you'll get
bad performance results.  The way you're saying scale but changing the
client numbers is a little confusing.

I can't comment how whether yours are good or bad numbers without
knowing the actual database scale number.  When reporting a pgbench
result, it's handy to include the complete output from one of the runs,
just so people can see exactly what test was run.  After that you can
just show the TPS values.  Showing the command used to initialize the
pgbench database can also be helpful.

greg@2ndQuadrant.com  www.2ndQuadrant.com