Re: plpgsql loop question

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: plpgsql loop question
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On 02/10/2010 08:29 AM, Andrea Visinoni wrote:
> hi,
> i have a table called "zones": idzone, zone_name
> and several tables called zonename_records (same structure), where
> zonename is one of the zone_name in the "zones" table.
> What i want to do is a function that union all of this tables
> dinamically based on "zones" table, this is what i've done so far:
>
> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION get_all_records()
> RETURNS SETOF record AS
> $BODY$DECLARE
> zones record;
> recs record;
> BEGIN
> for zones in select lower(zone_name) as n from zones loop
> for recs in select * from quote_ident(zones.n || '_records') loop
> return next recs;
> end loop;
> end loop;
> RETURN;
> END;
> $BODY$
> LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' VOLATILE
> COST 100;
>
> but i get this error!
>
> ERROR: wrong record type supplied in RETURN NEXT
> CONTEXT: PL/pgSQL function "get_all_records" line 9 at RETURN NEXT
>
> Andrea

One thing I would do is rename your zones record variable. pgsql does
not deal well with a variable having the same name as a schema object,
in this case your table zones.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Justin Graf
Сообщение: Re: 'image' table with relationships to different objects
Сообщение: Re: 'image' table with relationships to different objects