Re: Warning when selecting column from pg_stat_user_tables.

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Warning when selecting column from pg_stat_user_tables.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 09/02/10 13:52, Chris Barnes wrote:

> I have this error when selecting from the pg_stat_user_tables. I
> restarted postgres and the error went away.
>
> Has anyone else seen this error?
>
> Chris Barnes
>

> [postgres@preventdb02 londiste]$ cat
> /data/pgsql/data/pg_log/postgresql-Tue.log
>
> WARNING:  pgstat wait timeout
 > WARNING:  pgstat wait timeout

No, but I can tell you (roughly) what it is. The stats collector is a
separate process, and it's designed to drop messages if it gets busy.
Normally, that would be details of updates being discarded, but in this
case it's presumably your read request that gets thrown away.

If it occurs again, check "top" and see if the stats collector looks busy.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd