Re: Is it necessary to have index for child table in following case?

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: Is it necessary to have index for child table in following case?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 02/03/2010 05:02 PM, Yan Cheng Cheok wrote:

>> Are you using INSERT or COPY to insert your data? COPY tends to be
>> a lot faster than separate INSERTs, especially if you don't wrap
>> the INSERTs in a transaction block and COMMIT them in batches.
>
> But I do not use File or Stdio. The data is coming in row by row
> real-time. I need to insert the data programmatic real-time into the
> database. That's why I use INSERT. But maybe I miss out something on
> the usage of COPY, please advice :)

I already answered that about a month ago but you ignored it:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2010-01/msg00287.php

Joe

Вложения

От: John R Pierce
Сообщение: Re: Need to Remove Constraint, but Don't Know How - Previous attempts failed