Re: Review of Writeable CTE Patch

От Marko Tiikkaja
Тема Re: Review of Writeable CTE Patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2010-02-03 16:09 UTC+2, Robert Haas wrote:
> Why can't we complain about the actual SQL statement the user issued?
> Like, say:
>
> INSERT requires RETURNING when used within a referenced CTE

The SELECT equivalent of this query looks like this:
=> with recursive t as (select * from t) values(true);
ERROR:  recursive query "t" does not have the form non-recursive-term
UNION [ALL] recursive-term

but I didn't want to throw people off to think that they can use
INSERT/UPDATE/RETURNING in a RECURSIVE CTE, just to get complaints about
syntax error.

Regards,
Marko Tiikkaja

Сообщение: Re: Review of Writeable CTE Patch
Сообщение: Re: Review of Writeable CTE Patch