Ticket 128: Hot Standby and Streaming Replication

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Ticket 128: Hot Standby and Streaming Replication
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi,

I tried both of them yesterday night and tonight to have a look at what
could be done on pgAdmin for these features. AFAICT, not a lot.

Actually, I have a really small patch that adds some informations in the
server panel. This information is quite simple. It tells the user if the
selected server is in recovery mode and the last xlog replay location.
I'm not sure we can do more. Streaming Replication can be detected if
max_wal_senders is greater than zero, but I'm not sure we really need to
add this kind of information on the server panel.

If we want to got a bit further, the only idea I had was to allow the
user to see objects' properties but deny to change them. We can also
deny the use of the maintenance window and the restore one. As we don't
already do that when a user doesn't have the priviledge to do so, I
suppose we won't do that. At least for this release. I'm really
interested to implement this in a future release.

Any comments? on the patch and on this "idea".

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: location of query favourites.xml
Сообщение: Re: location of query favourites.xml