Re: System overload / context switching / oom, 8.3

От Rob
Тема Re: System overload / context switching / oom, 8.3
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Kevin Grittner wrote:
Rob <rclemley@yahoo.com> wrote:
8gb ram
~240 active databases
800+ db connections via tcp.

8 GB RAM divided by 800 DB connections is 10 MB per connection.  You
seriously need to find some way to use connection pooling.  I'm not
sure the best way to do that with 240 active databases.

By wrangling the applications, We've got the number of connections down to 530 and number of active databases down to 186.

The application's poor connection management exacerbates the problem.

Thanks for the idea,
Rob