Re: Can LISTEN/NOTIFY deal with more than 100 every second?

От Yeb Havinga
Тема Re: Can LISTEN/NOTIFY deal with more than 100 every second?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Gavin Mu wrote:
> CREATE OR REPLACE RULE send_notify AS ON INSERT TO log DO ALSO NOTIFY logevent;

..
> when I use 3 similar programs to feed data, which means about 75
> events every second, I found that Postgres didn't send NOTIFY
> opportunely, since the client do SELECT query every several hundreds
> seconds, which is too long to be acceptable.

Hello Gavin,

The following might help from the notify docs:

"NOTIFY behaves like Unix signals in one important respect: if the same
notification name is signaled multiple times in quick succession,
recipients might get only one notification event for several executions
of NOTIFY."

So if your notify for instance could also add a unique number to the
notification name, then it will probably work as expected.

Regards,
Yeb Havinga

Сообщение: Re: How to test my new install
Сообщение: Re: How to test my new install