Re: Questions on PostGreSQL Authentication mechanism...

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Questions on PostGreSQL Authentication mechanism...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 01/02/10 10:24, dipti shah wrote:
> Thanks Richard. those chapters are very useful. I got to know most of
> concepts but didn't find the location of pg_hba.conf file so that I can
> verify it. I have connected to my database using "postgres" user. Could you
> tell me how to open pg_hba.conf file?

It should be with your other configuration files: postgresql.conf,
pg_ident.conf.

Where will depend on how you installed it. If you're on Windows, it's
probably in the main PostgreSQL folder on drive C:

If a package manager on Linux/Unix look in /etc/postgresql/...

If you compiled from source, probably something like
/usr/local/postgresql/data/

It's a text file and you'll need to restart PostgreSQL to pick up your
new settings.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd