Re: Fragmentation/Vacuum, Analyze, Re-Index

От Richard Neill
Тема Re: Fragmentation/Vacuum, Analyze, Re-Index
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
DM wrote:
> Is there any script/tool to identify if the table requires full vacuum?
> or to re-index an existing index table?

Don't know if there is a script to specifically do this, though you may
find this query a useful one:

SELECT relname, reltuples, relpages FROM pg_class ORDER BY relpages DESC;

(it shows what's currently using most of the disk).

In general though, you should never use "VACUUM FULL". The best bet is
to tune autovacuum to be more aggressive, and then occasionally run CLUSTER.

Best wishes,

Richard