pgpool ABORT + no transaction warning

От Thomas F. O'Connell
Тема pgpool ABORT + no transaction warning
Дата
Список pgsql-general
A while back, I posted about seeing a number of warnings from pgpool:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-admin/2005-03/msg00305.php

A typical pair of statements in my postgres logs looks like this:

WARNING:  there is no transaction in progress
STATEMENT:  ABORT

Tatsuo Ishii declared that these were harmless, and I took (and still
take) his word for it.

At some point in the past with my old configuration (postgres 8.1.3 /
pgpool 2.5.1) I did something that prevented the warnings from
showing up. On a system running postgres 8.1.3, I recently upgraded
pgpool from 2.5.1 to 3.0.1. When I upgraded pgpool, I began seeing
the warnings again after a long window of not having seen them. My
configuration files for pgpool and postgres didn't change during the
upgrade, so I'm wondering what I might've been doing to avoid
polluting my logs with them previously and why they are showing up
again.

pgpool itself seems to be working fine after the upgrade, so as long
as the warnings are harmless, it's not a big deal, but I'd like a
clean method of preventing log noise if one exists.

--
Thomas F. O'Connell
Database Architecture and Programming

http://www.sitening.com/