Re: Hot Standby and handling max_standby_delay

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Hot Standby and handling max_standby_delay
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Speaking of which, just where is the defense that makes sure that
> walsender and walreceiver are compatible?  We should be checking not
> only version, but all of the configuration variables that are embedded
> in pg_control.

That happens at startup when pg_control is read, before streaming
starts. Remember that you need to start with a base backup.

We also check that the system_identifier in the standby matches that in
the primary, when the connection is established. That protects you from
starting streaming from wrong base backup.