Re: Git out of sync vs. CVS

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Git out of sync vs. CVS
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Magnus Hagander  wrote:
> We've seen this happen before.
That seems like kind of a blasé attitude toward something upon which
some people rely.
When we (at Wisconsin State Courts) were using CVS and had scripts to
automatically merge changes from one branch to another, we saw this
sort of thing unless people were very careful to grab a timestamp in
the past for their ranges and use it throughout the script.  Perhaps
the script is just not careful enough?  (Said in total ignorance of
what the PostgreSQL process here actually is....)
-Kevin