Re: Testing with concurrent sessions

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Testing with concurrent sessions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Markus Wanner  wrote:
Kevin Grittner wrote:
>>             args=['psql', '-A', '--pset=pager=off',
> That looks like a correct fix for psql, yes.
> Other processes might be confused by (or at least act differently
> with) a PAGER env variable, so that still needs to be cleared in
> general.
I see your point.  Even with a general solution, probably best to
leave the pset there for psql, though.
> [discussion of BaseTest vs SyncTest]
>
> Both have their own set of caveats, IMO.
I'll look those over.  Any caveats beyond what you already mentioned
of which I should be particularly careful?
> Maybe we put up a git branch with the dtester patches included? So
> whenever I want to change the framework, I can check if and how it
> affects your tests.
I strongly encourage you to set that up on git.postgresql.org.  If
for some reason that's not practicable, I can give you write
permissions to my repository there and set up a dtester branch for
this.  I've barely scratched the surface on git in the last few
weeks, and already I'm a big fan.  I was never convinced that
subversion was an improvement over cvs -- they each had advantages
over the other which seemed a wash for me -- but git takes everything
to a whole new level.
-Kevin

От: "Kevin Grittner"
Сообщение: Re: Testing with concurrent sessions
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix one more cast for _open_osfhandle().