Re: mailing list archiver chewing patches

От Matteo Beccati
Тема Re: mailing list archiver chewing patches
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi everyone,

Il 14/01/2010 19:36, David Fetter ha scritto:
> On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 03:08:22PM +0100, Matteo Beccati wrote:
>> Il 14/01/2010 14:39, Dimitri Fontaine ha scritto:
>>> Matteo Beccati<php@beccati.com>   writes:>
>> Any improvements to sorting are welcome :)

>          ARRAY[uid]

Thanks David, using an array rather than text concatenation is slightly
slower and uses a bit more memory, but you've been able to convince me
that it's The Right Way(TM) ;)

Anyway, I've made further changes and I would say that at this point the
PoC is feature complete. There surely are still some rough edges and a
few things to clean up, but I'd like to get your feedback once again:

http://archives.beccati.org

You will find that pgsql-general and -hackers are subscribed and getting
messages live, wihle -hackers-history and -www have been imported from
the archives (about 200k and 1.5k messages respectively at 50 messages/s).

Also, I'd need some help with the CTE query that was picking a wrong
plan and led me to forcibly disable merge joins inside the application
when executing it. Plans are attached.

Cheers
--
Matteo Beccati